Wednesday, April 11, 2007

God made us UNIQUE....be YOURself.... do YOU.... but STAND by YOUR beliefs.

We live in a world that is not perfect. Prejudices and racism aren't going anywhere. No matter who you are at some point you've done something that may have hurt someone else. Yes, Blacks and other minorities have made great strides in America. But some peoples views will always stay the same. As much as we're alike, to those type of people our skin color makes us SOOOOO different. As you get to know me through my writings, you'll find that I respect people for their honesty and the right to their opinion even if I don't agree with what they say. What I don't respect is people that don't stand by what they believe. By now you've all heard the controversial comments made by Don Imus, on his radio show that's broadcasted on MSNBC.
If you somehow missed it... thanks to YouTube here it is.




And.... if you haven't heard his apology.....



Let's not forget about Michael Richards and his rant.....



And.... his apology....



Oh... I couldn't leave out Tim Hardaway.....




Hardaway issued an apology a week later....

"As an African-American, I know all too well the negative thoughts and feelings hatred and bigotry cause. I regret and apologize for the statements that I made that have certainly caused the same kinds of feelings and reactions. I especially apologize to my fans, friends and family in Miami and Chicago. I am committed to examining my feelings and will recognize, appreciate and respect the differences among people in our society. I regret any embarrassment I have caused the league on the eve of one of their greatest annual events."



Why do people keep apologizing for the way that they feel. Why can't someone stand up and say "I SAID IT!" That's how I feel. It's America, I'm an individual, it's my Opinion! "I'll suffer the backlash, because this is what I believe."

Because the truth is, you can't take words back. It doesn't matter how many times you say your sorry.

Everyone has a right to feel and say what they want.
Don't you think It's so much better to know where you stand with people and where they're coming from?

God made us UNIQUE....be YOURself.... do YOU.... but always STAND by YOUR beliefs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

all I can say is WOW.......the first two videos were shocking,especially the guy from seinfeld,and as far as Tim's remarks...that was his opinion...at least he did't have a tantrum like the other dude.